The Upper School works cooperatively with parents in arranging for the transportation of students to and from school.
Board of Education Bus Service
Not available to Upper School students.
Eligibility is determined by the New York City Department of Education:
Students residing in one of the five boroughs of New York City who live more than half a mile from school are eligible for a full-fare MetroCard
- MetroCard are available in the sixth floor office
- Lost or defective MetroCards must be reported by the student to the Ramaz Transportation Coordinator and a replacement will be issued.
- Metro-North and the LIRR sells Monthly School Commutation tickets exclusively through their websites via their Mail & Ride programs. The first step in signing up for the program is to contact Ms. Chechik in the Sixth Floor Office for the appropriate form and directions.
Private Bus Service: 2022-2023
The Upper School has made arrangements with private bus companies servicing round trip and door to door routes in Riverdale, Westchester, Englewood, Queens, Great Neck, and Brooklyn, as follows:
|Airlink Transportation||New Rochelle, Scarsdale, & Riverdale||$5950|
|Rainbow Transportation||Englewood &
|Airlink Transportation||Queens (busing is not offered from Forest Hills)||$5450|
|Great Neck||Paid for and arranged by the Town of Great Neck|
- A transportation survey is sent to parents in May. In July, bus enrollment contracts are sent out to families directly from the bus companies, which includes the cost of transportation.
- Fees are payable directly to the bus company.
- Ramaz provides a late bus that leaves the Upper School at 6:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, to accommodate students attending after-school programs.
- We do not offer one-way service.