Five Star Caterers, the exclusive foodservice provider at Ramaz, prepares nutritious, well-balanced (and kosher!) lunches for our students. Menus are developed specifically for Ramaz and are modified every six weeks to reflect seasonal availability, holidays, and special events. All menus are reviewed by a Nutrition Specialist to ensure proper nutritional value.
The Lower School provides lunch and two snacks daily. Lunch is served cafeteria-style in the third floor lunchroom. Snacks are served in the classrooms.
Each day's lunch menu includes:
- Featured entrée
- Beverage: water, juice, or milk (on dairy days)
A meat lunch is served once a week, generally on Wednesdays.
The following alternatives are provided every day:
- Salad bar includes a variety of vegetables, dressings, hard boiled eggs, flaked tuna, plus yogurt and cottage cheese on dairy days
- Fruit bar includes a variety of cut and whole fresh fruits
- Sandwich bar includes breads, bagels, soy nut butter, jelly, egg, tuna
Children in the ECC and Lower School are given a daily morning and afternoon snack in their classrooms. Snacks consist of:
- a beverage (water, juice or milk)
- a healthy food (cheese, fruit, crackers)
- A minimal amount of fat is used in the sautéed, grilled and roasted food; canola or olive oil is used exclusively
- Meats are graded choice or its equivalent; hamburgers are made from 80% lean ground beef
- Vegetables are fresh with the exception of peas and corn; canned vegetables are not served
- Tuna is tongol and packed in water
- Skim milk is used in place of cream in soups and sauces
- Egg, tuna and other salads are prepared fresh daily
- Breads, bagels and rolls are baked fresh daily