DIRECTIONS FOR COMPLETING SAT REGISTRATION FORMS
As a Sunday tester, you must register by paper and “snail mail” the first time you register for any SAT Reasoning Test or SAT Subject Test. Once you have registered by mail for any SAT test (other than the PSAT), you will be able to register online for future tests through your College Board account.
Most of the items on the registration form are self-explanatory, but some items are highlighted below:
- Make sure you meet the registration deadlines!
- Use blue or black ink. Do not use pencil. Print clearly in capital letters.
- All the sections in red/pink are required.
- In Box #2, the Ramaz high school code is 333900.
- In Box #6, follow the photo instructions carefully.
- In Box #7, social security number is optional.
- In Box #8, please provide your expected high school graduation date.
- Skip Box #9.
- Box #10 requires your physical mailing address.
- We strongly recommend filling out Box #11 to receive your Admission Ticket by email.
- Box #12 may be answered as you see fit. If you are ok receiving messages, surveys, and promotions from the College Board via text message, fill in your cell phone number; otherwise, leave it blank.
- Box #13 may be answered as you see fit. If you are eager to receive a lot of mail from colleges (and we mean a lot of mail!), then answer in the affirmative.
- Box #14 and all its subsections should be left completely blank. Information that you enter here is used by the Student Search Service, but may also be accessed by colleges.
- On the inside pages of the form, you must complete and sign Box #15.
- In Box #16 & #17, indicate which month you plan to take the test and which test you plan to take.
- You may only choose one date per form.
- We recommend that you take the SAT with Essay, unless you are positive that no colleges where you might apply will require or recommend submitting the Essay score.
- In Box #21, if you wish to take the test at Ramaz, fill in 33674 in the space for First Choice. Please note that our directions differ from the instructions given in the registration booklet. If you wish to take the test at a center closer to your home than Ramaz, fill in 01000 in the space for First Choice. If you are assigned to a test center you do not want, call the College Board at 866-756-7346 to ask for a switch. You should not be charged a fee if you are switching to Ramaz.
- Unless you are a senior, you should leave Box #22 blank.
- Seniors: in subsection #22a, you may select up to four colleges to receive all your SAT scores at no extra charge. This will submit your scores for this registration and any former SAT Reasoning Tests and Subject Tests you have taken. If you choose this method of score submission, you will not be able to preview scores before they are submitted to colleges.
- In subsections #22b and 22c, you may select additional colleges to receive your scores for $12.00 each.
- In Box #26, add up the fees from Boxes #19, 20 & 22c.
- If you are paying by credit card, complete Box #24.
- Remember to include the clergy letter (which may be obtained in the College Guidance Office).
- On the front of the envelope, fill in the oval for the month you plan to take the test.
- Put the stamped envelope in the mail. You should receive your Admission Ticket by email by the week prior to the exam.
Revised August 2017