The Upper School works cooperatively with parents in arranging for the transportation of students to and from school.
BOARD OF EDUCATION BUS SERVICE
Not available to Upper School students.
- Eligibility is determined by the New York City Bureau of Pupil Transportation:
- Students residing one and a half miles from school are eligible for a MetroCard
- Students residing less than one and a half miles but more than a half mile from school are eligible for a half-fare MetroCard
- MetroCard Information Cards are available in the sixth floor office
- MetroCards are issued ten days after submission of a MetroCard Information Card to the Ramaz Transportation Coordinator
- Lost or defective MetroCards must be reported by the student to the Ramaz Transportation Coordinator, using Replacement Forms which are available in the sixth floor office.
- Replacements for lost MetroCards will be issued at the beginning of the month following the reported loss; two weeks are required for processing
- Replacements for defective MetroCards will be issued upon submission of a completed Replacement Form
PRIVATE BUS SERVICE: 2014-2015
The Upper School has made arrangements with private bus companies servicing routes in Riverdale, Westchester, Teaneck, Englewood, Queens, Great Neck, and Brooklyn, as follows:
(corner to corner)
||New Rochelle &
(door to door)
(door to door)
|Great Neck||Paid for and arranged by the Town of Great Neck|
- A transportation letter listing the bus companies and fees for each route is sent to parents in May
- Fees are payable directly to the school, except where otherwise indicated
- Parents contact the bus company directly to arrange for bus service where indicated above; in all other cases, bus service is contracted through the school
- Bus companies provides a late bus that leaves the Upper School at 6:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, to accommodate students attending after-school programs