Five Star Caterers, the exclusive foodservice provider at Ramaz, prepares nutritious, well-balanced (and kosher!) lunches for our students. Menus are developed specifically for Ramaz and are modified every six weeks to reflect seasonal availability, holidays, and special events. All menus are reviewed by a Nutrition Specialist to ensure proper nutritional value.
Each day's lunch menu includes:
- Featured entrée
A meat lunch is served once a week, generally on Tuesdays.
The following alternatives are provided every day:
- Salad bar includes a variety of vegetables, dressings, hard boiled eggs, flaked tuna, plus yogurt and cottage cheese on dairy days
- Fruit bar includes a variety of cut and whole fresh fruits
- Sandwich bar includes breads, bagels, peanut butter, jelly, egg, tuna
Students are provided with breakfast after morning tefillot. Breakfast is self-service and consists of milk, juice and cereal.
- The food cart operates in the lunchroom Monday through Thursday afternoons, from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- The food cart sells a variety of snacks and dinner options, including whole fruit, fruit salad, pizza (on dairy days), knishes, drinks, candy, panini, deli sandwiches, and salads.
- A minimal amount of fat is used in the sautéed, grilled and roasted food; canola or olive oil is used exclusively
- Meats are graded choice or its equivalent; hamburgers are made from 80% lean ground beef
- Vegetables are fresh with the exception of peas and corn; canned vegetables are not served
- Tuna is tongol and packed in water
- Skim milk is used in place of cream in soups and sauces
- Egg, tuna and other salads are prepared fresh daily
- Breads, bagels and rolls are baked fresh daily