Welcome to the US Library!
Located on the 4th floor, the Upper School library contains a bilingual collection of over 20,000 books, periodicals, and non-print media that support and enhance the educational and co-curricular programs of Ramaz. Inter-library loans provide students with materials that are not available in-house.
- Fiction and Non-fiction
- Reference books in the sciences and humanities
- Extensive collection of sifrei kodesh, commentaries and important Jewish reference books
- In-depth Holocaust, Israel and European history collections
- Hebraica and Judaica, in Hebrew and English, as well as bilingual editions
- 35+ current periodical and newspaper subscriptions (academic and popular titles)
- Back editions of periodicals and newspapers
- DVDs and videocassettes in subjects which support the curriculum
- CDs and audiocassettes in Hebrew and English
- Collection listings accessible via the Ramaz online catalog
- Periodicals and newspapers
- Specialized dictionaries and other reference works
- Bar Ilan Responsa
- Encyclopedia Judaica
- NY Times Historical Newspapers
While we finish transitioning to the new Ramaz website, you must log into the old Ramaz website and click on "Library" to view our subscription password info.
- Online access to the Upper School collection and the subscription databases
- Internet access and the current Windows environment
- 8 library computers and a printer/copier
- Student access, from any computer with an internet connection, to the Ramaz Upper School Collection, databases to which Ramaz subscribes, and all programs on the Ramaz academic computing network (limited to Ramaz students and faculty with password access)
Two professional librarians who:
- Offer reference help to students
- Teach library research skills
- Work closely with faculty to ensure that acquisitions support and enrich the curriculum
Contact 212-774-8000 x7328 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.