The General Organization (G.O.) is the representative organization of the Upper School student body. It is responsible for a host of school-wide activities and programs. This year the G.O. is being supervised by Rabbi Eli Slomnicki (Dean of Students) and Rabbi Dov Pianko (Director of Student Activities).
The G.O. comprises the following elected officials for 2018-2019:
- Becky Tauber, PRESIDENT
- Avery Sholes, VICE PRESIDENT
- Paola Mattout, ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT: COMMUNICATIONS
- Ayelet Monas, ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT: OPERATIONS
- Sophia Kremer, ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT: STUDENT LIFE
Class Presidents are responsible for after-school social recreational programs and class meetings, as well as for representing their class in G.O. deliberations and at SFAC (Student Faculty Administration Committee).
Elections are held in October for grade nine.
Presidents for 2018-2019 are:
- Grade 9: Mati Finkelstein and Rachel Freilich
- Grade 10: Caitlin Levine and Aaron Sokol
- Grade 11: Lucy Doft and Gaby Potter
- Grade 12: Sophie Dahan and Harry Shams
STUDENT-FACULTY ADMINISTRATION COMMITTEE (SFAC)
SFAC meets regularly to discuss items of relevance to the student body. The members include student officers, faculty representatives and members of the administration. Meetings are chaired by a representative of the student body selected by the G.O. Past discussions have been on subjects such as the honor system, dress code, school time scheduling, school calendar and building maintenance. Although SFAC is an advisory body, it does influence administration policy through the vigor and frankness of its deliberations.
The SFAC Chairperson for this year is Rabbi Eli Slomnicki.