Five Star Caterers, the exclusive foodservice provider at Ramaz, prepares nutritious, well-balanced (and kosher!) lunches for our students. Menus are developed specifically for Ramaz and are modified every six weeks to reflect seasonal availability, holidays, and special events. All menus are reviewed by a Nutrition Specialist to ensure proper nutritional value.
Each day's lunch menu includes:
- Featured entrée
- Beverage: water, juice, or milk (on dairy days)
A meat lunch is served once a week, generally on Wednesdays.
The following alternatives are provided every day:
- Salad bar includes a variety of vegetables, dressings, hard boiled eggs, flaked tuna, plus yogurt and cottage cheese on dairy days
- Fruit bar includes a variety of cut and whole fresh fruits
- Sandwich bar includes breads, bagels, soy nut butter, jelly, egg, tuna
- Breakfast is available for students who are post Bar or Bat Mitzvah, after shacharit
- Breakfast is self-service and consists of milk, juice and cereal
- A food cart operates in the Middle School lobby Monday through Thursday afternoons, from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- The food cart sells a variety of snacks, including whole fruit, fruit salad, pizza (on dairy days), knishes, and drinks
- A minimal amount of fat is used in the sautéed, grilled and roasted food; canola or olive oil is used exclusively
- Meats are graded choice or its equivalent; hamburgers are made from 80% lean ground beef
- Vegetables are fresh with the exception of peas and corn; canned vegetables are not served
- Tuna is tongol and packed in water
- Skim milk is used in place of cream in soups and sauces
- Egg, tuna and other salads are prepared fresh daily
- Breads, bagels and rolls are baked fresh daily