You have 1 PagePop. View
Lower school Curriculum
- Each classroom has one general educator and one special educator. This collaborative, co-teaching model helps to meet the unique needs of every student.
- Students are primarily taught in small groups, based on an ongoing assessment of the children. This low student-teacher ratio allows us to differentiate instruction and spend more time with each child.
- Students learn through direct instruction, as well as through investigation and discovery, providing hands-on, integrated experiences for our students.
- Children spend half their days in General Studies and the other half in Hebrew/Judaic Studies. Teachers work to develop a love for Torah, Israel, and the Hebrew language.
- Students have classes in Art, Music, P.E., Technology, Library, and Science. We have two Science teachers and a separate Science Room. Students explore STEAM (Science , Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) concepts and learn how skills and knowledge are trans-disciplinary.
- Children learn Hebrew through an immersion approach — Ivrit b’Ivrit — which begins in the ECC and continues throughout the Lower School.
- Students may receive Learning Center support in Reading, Math, Hebrew, and Chumash.