MIDDLE SCHOOL ADMISSIONS (GRADES 5-8)
The Rabbi Haskel Lookstein Middle School of Ramaz looks for young people of good character and strong educational promise who will grow in their commitment to Judaism, become engaged in their learning experiences, be stimulated by the dual curriculum, pursue independent work and contribute to the academic and co-curricular life of the learning community.
Most students enter Ramaz in Nursery, Kindergarten, or ninth grade. Individual acceptances may occur in other grades under special circumstances. We encourage families to learn about our many exciting programs and to contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
APPLYING TO RAMAZ
- Submit an application and non-refundable application fee, of $150 for Grade 5-8 by December 1, 2021.
- A virtual meeting will be scheduled for applicants in order to assess their academic profile.
- Parents must provide a transcript and teacher recommendations from the child's current teachers by completing the Middle School Teacher Recommendation Request Form.
- Applicants must provide their most recent ERB or standardized academic assessment report.
- Applicants to Grades 5-8 will be notified by Ramaz on February 8, 2022 as to their child’s acceptance status.
- Accepted Applicants to Grades 5-8 will need to commit and enroll in Ramaz (a link will be provided in the acceptance letter) by March 1, 2022.
For many families, tuition is higher than can be met reasonably. Parents may apply for financial assistance to help ease the tuition obligation. Admission decisions are made independent of the need for tuition assistance. Please call our Tuition Assistance Office at 212 774-8035 or email us at email@example.com for more information.