Most students enter the Ramaz Early Childhood Center in Nursery or Kindergarten. Individual acceptances may occur in other grades under special circumstances. We encourage families to learn about our many exciting programs and to contact the Admissions Office at admissionsECC@ramaz.org with any questions.
At our ECC Virtual Open House on Thursday, November 19, 2020 you will have the opportunity to explore our dynamic early childhood program, hear from some of our wonderful faculty and administrators, and discover all of the factors that make the Ramaz ECC a nurturing and interactive environment that fosters the emotional, spiritual, social and intellectual growth of every child. If you are interested in attending please register here.
Applying to Ramaz
- Applications should be completed and submitted online along with a non-refundable application fee of $150 by November 23, 2020.
- Applications for siblings of current Ramaz students are due by November 2, 2020.
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate should be emailed to admissionsECC@ramaz.org.
- Parents must complete the ECC Teacher Recommendation Request Form. All recommendations must be completed by your child's current teacher by January 4, 2021.
- Virtual student observations and parent meetings will be scheduled once your application has been processed.
- Late applications will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
- Admission decisions are made independent of the need for tuition assistance.
For applicants to Kindergarten
In addition to the requirements listed above, your child will need to take a scholastic preparedness test, which is administered virtually. This year, all aspects of our admissions process will be virtual, as we strive to limit the spread of COVID-19 and keep you, and our community, safe and healthy.
With this new reality in mind, our school has joined a growing list of New York City schools that are administering the Thinking and Engagement Activities Assessment (T&E), which will alleviate the potential burden of multiple virtual assessments. The T&E is a non-standardized virtual assessment that will provide our admissions and educational team with information so that we may learn about your child, at a time when we are unable to engage with him/her face to face.
- Applicants for Nursery must be three years old by August 31 of the entering year.
- Applicants for Pre-K must be four years old by August 31 of the entering year.
- Applicants for Kindergarten must be five years old by August 31 of the entering year.