The Ramaz School offers a friendly, progressive work environment; excellent salaries and a comprehensive benefits package – plus the chance to have an impact on our children's future.
Ramaz is an EOE.
To apply for a position, please email your resume and cover letter – indicating position of interest and where you saw the job posting to email@example.com
The Ramaz Lower School seeks a School Nurse for Nursery through Grade 4 in a school with over 500 students. Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter indicating position of interest and where you saw the job posting to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maintain medication and health information spreadsheets
- Oversee all medication management and administration
- Respond to acute complaints such as illness or injury
- Create action plans for students with health conditions requiring intervention at school
- Make sure medication and health related file are up-to-date
- Facilitate staff training on issues such as EpiPen use, emergency response, etc.
- Collaborate with food services in regards to all allergies
- Fill out Accident report if necessary
- Communication via phone and email with families and staff
- Maintaining compliance with HIPAA and FERPA and staying updated on changes in HIPAA and FERPA laws
- Must be able to use Magnus Health, for medical records review and maintenance
- Review electronic medical records to make sure students are compliant with immunizations, physical exams, consent to treat and more
- Prepare medical packs for all trips that leave the building
- Maintain necessary medical supplies
- Database entry (employee will need to bring own computer)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Attention to Detail
- Maintaining Confidentiality and Privacy
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Team Work
This job operates in a school setting. The school is located in a 10-story building. This role requires regular walking and stair climbing to various locations around the school. This role also routinely comes into contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 20 pounds. During fire drills, employee will need to use the stairs to go to ground level from 8th floor. Typing required for database entry and for composing emails.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time position in an educational facility which is open 8 hours a day. No travel is expected for this position
Required Education and Experience
- Registered Professional Nurse with current NY state licensure
- 1 year of work experience as a professional nurse
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s in Nursing
- Experience working with students with ADHD
- Experience as a School Nurse
The Ramaz School seeks a technology specialist. Interested applicants should apply to Careers@ramaz.org.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in educational environment, preferably comparable K-12 environment
- At least 3 years experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work on simultaneous projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork, and ability to collaborate
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience coding in multiple programming languages preferred
- Experience managing technologies including:
- Platforms: Windows, desktop and Server, OS X, iOS, Android,
- Cloud platforms: GSuite, Schoology (or other LMS), Website CMS, Office 365
- Database: Senior Systems / My BackPack (or other SIS)
- Hardware: desktops, laptops, Chromebooks, iPads, tablets, digital cameras, printers, 3D printers, A/V equipment, interactive displays (SMART boards), projectors, Arduino, robotics
The Technology Specialist will work with the Technology Coordinator for the implementation of:
- Bridging the Information Technology and Educational Technology departments under the unifying umbrella of the overall technology team.
- Enable fulfillment of the entirety of the school’s diverse technological needs (operational, educational, faculty-facing, student-facing, and parent-facing)
- Key functions include managing cloud platforms, developing solutions, managing projects, and integrating databases, systems, and services.
- Liaise between the IT department and the administrative and academic divisions of the school, making sure that IT solutions meet the needs of the users and to help users clarify their goals in implementing technology.
- Required follow-through on long-term projects
- Provide back-end support to the communications department for the Ramaz website.
- Administer data flow between databases of record and cloud services. Identify and implement automation and efficiency in these processes.
- Collaborate with educational administration and faculty to advance the use of technology to support teaching and learning. Insure that hardware and software is correctly supported and in place to fully support integration of technology into the school’s curriculum and administrative functions.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
The Ramaz School seeks an Executive Program Coordinator. Interested applicants should apply to Careers@Ramaz.org
Applicants should have a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of three years' administrative experience.
The Executive Program Coordinator will:
- Work as the executive assistant to the Head of N-8 which includes administrative tasks such as (but not limited to):
- Scheduling all meetings with teachers, parents, students, etc
- Exchange correspondence on behalf of the Head of N-8
- Answer phone line for the Head of N-8
- Work as the program coordinator for initiatives, programs and projects brought forth by the Head of N-8
- Work hand in hand with the Head of N-8 on her 3-year strategic plan
- Proofread weekly messages to the community and other correspondence as it comes up
- Prepare presentations for the Head of N-8
- Research professional development opportunities for faculty
- Facilitate the sharing of learned material when faculty return from professional development conferences
- Serve as a bridge between the Early Childhood/Lower School and Middle School administrative teams on behalf of the Head of N-8
- Help coordinate and delegate work to the LS and MS offices on behalf of the Head of N-8
- Establish and maintain the flow of information to be publicized from the ECC/LS and MS to the communications department
- Establish and maintain the flow of information to the institutional advancement office to spark fundraising opportunities and ideas
- Provides direction to the operations team (facilities, IT, security, food service) for all programs to ensure a smooth planning and execution of programs
- Liaise with the HR and the business office on matters delegated from the Head of N-8
- Act as a customer service agent on behalf of Ramaz and the Head of N-8
- Work with the Head of N-8 to elevate the level of professionalism in the school
- Other tasks as may be assigned from time to time according to the needs of the school, possibly in any of the Ramaz buildings or at any Ramaz programs.
This is a new position and the job will evolve and change to meet the support needs of the Head of N-8. The expectation is that this job description will be updated annually over the course of 3 years.
Ramaz School seeks Administrative Assistants for School Office.
Major responsibilities include: working in a busy school office as a team with other administrative assistants and an office manager, managing a very busy calendar and scheduling internal and external meetings and events
Qualified applicants will preferably have a BA degree and a minimum of two years related experience.
Other competencies include: strong demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to shift priorities in a fast-paced environment; being able to work both as part of a team and independently; highly organized; strong verbal skills; discretion and a positive attitude, customer service oriented and computer proficiency in MS Word, Outlook.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your resume and cover letter indicating position of interest and where you saw posting to Careers@ramaz.org
The Ramaz School seeks a new member for our Facilities and Maintenance Team to start immediately.
Interested applicants should apply to Careers@Ramaz.org
- General maintenance/cleaning of the school facility
- Basic plumbing, electrical, masonry, painting, flooring, etc. skills
- Set up and strike of various school/community events.
- Removal of snow and light landscaping duties
- Assist with deliveries and mail distribution
- Ability to keep a neat and organized work environment.
- Organized, professional, responsible; ideal candidate is able to work independently. Time management skills are key
- Flexible hours. Must be available and willing to work overtime, nights, and weekends.
- Energetic, able to lift 50 plus pounds
- E-mail/phone savvy
- Customer Service skills a must
- Additional duties assigned by the Building Superintendent
- Must be willing to submit to a background check
- Hourly compensation, benefits