The Ramaz School offers a friendly supportive work environment and the chance to have an impact on our children's future. Ramaz is an EOE.
To apply for a position, please email your resume and cover letter – indicating position of interest and where you saw the job posting to firstname.lastname@example.org
- UPPER SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
- DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
- DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- DATABASE ASSOCIATE
- DATABASE MANAGER
- ATTENDANCE MONITOR
- HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
- IT - DATABASE ANALYST
- DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
- MS ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Ramaz seeks a leader who is committed to the mission and ethos of a 21st century Modern Orthodox yeshiva; an individual who understands and exemplifies the complexities and joys of leading a school community grounded in Modern Orthodox values while welcoming families from varying levels of observance.
- Master’s degree in education or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of strong leadership and management experience in similar school setting – both in and out of the classroom.
- Excellent pedagogical skills – including the capacity to plan, initiate, lead, and develop education and teaching in both general and subject-specific knowledge of student learning – to uphold the centrality of the rigorous learning process at Ramaz.
- Experience fostering a student-centered educational and social-emotional philosophy.
- Embody and set high ethical standards.
- Proven record of leading, motivating and developing high performance teams and processes among a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in program development and implementation.
- Highly developed problem-solving and communication skills, with the ability to establish trust.
- Exceptional oral, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
UPPER SCHOOL PRINCIPAL ATTRIBUTES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate should be an individual with a demonstrated record of success as a leader; is perceptive and knowledgeable, a strong communicator, listener, and relationship builder with a range of internal and external stakeholders. The candidate should possess the skills to communicate the Ramaz mission adeptly and authentically, and demonstrate well-honed strategic skills, including the ability to initiate and manage change, and to build effective, well functioning teams.
- Embrace and lead a process that brings all faculty together to examine and enhance the curriculum to help ensure relevance and student preparedness for the 21st century, and for their future roles as active members and leaders of the Jewish community.
- Inspire an environment of learning experiences that gives students Torah knowledge and values, text-based tools, and joy to fully engage in Jewish life as active and observant Jews.
- Articulate and promote the value and differentiation of a Ramaz education in ways that inspire pride among faculty, students, parents, and the greater community.
- Steward the mission in ways that demonstrate an appreciation of our students’ continued success and our school’s competitiveness in a region with other strong educational alternatives.
- Set clear goals, expectations, and accountability with direct reports to ensure achievement of goals and consistency and transparency in communication among faculty and staff, between divisions, and parents.
- Provide management and oversight of Upper School operations, budgeting, and programming in ways that are organized, efficient and cost-effective.
- Partner with other divisions and departments to help clarify and align the Ramaz educational journey.
- Build effective relationships by interacting with the school’s multiple and varied stakeholders.
- Establish a highly visible presence in the school community – in and out of the classroom - inspiring students and parents through direct communication, teaching and speaking.
- Nurture a warm, embracing, and dynamic culture that inspires positivity and dedication to recruit and retain engaged, motivated students, and top-tier faculty and staff.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
- Partner with schoolwide leadership team members, finance, operations, institutional advancement, and communications to meet the school’s strategic objectives.
- Partner with the Head of School and Chief Financial Officer on all budgetary matters and specifically to identify, prioritize, and manage major educational objectives of the Upper School.
- Partner with the Head of School and admissions team in robust recruitment, enrollment, and retention activities.
- Lead an educational administrative team that is representative of faculty needs in General and Judaic Studies, Judaic leadership and student life. Work closely with this team to set policy in a collaborative manner, and in partnership with the upper school community.
- Conduct weekly and other regularly scheduled meetings with all direct reports to ensure that priorities are clear, and coordination is sound.
- Set priorities and supervise college and Israel guidance teams, learning center, and athletics coaching staff.
- Work closely with the school psychologists to prioritize the continued development of programs that help meet the mental health needs of the students, including but not limited to, advisory and grade deans. Help ensure multiple opportunities for students to actively participate in activities outside the classroom that enable them to balance rigorous academic demands with social-emotional needs.
- Foster, maintain, and manage relationships with key stakeholders – faculty, staff, students, and parents – and continue to build relationships with alumni parents and alumni.
- Strengthen a culture of school pride and partnership with faculty, students, and parents.
- Be a visible presence and participant at recruitment and retention events, build relationships with feeder schools and communities as identified through market research.
- Oversee and ensure robust co-curricular programs and athletics through direct reports.
- Be a regular attendee at athletic games, performances etc.
- Perform other reasonable responsibilities and duties as directed by The Head of School.
Compensation Highly competitive with comparable schools and other nonprofit organizations in the region.
To apply: Please send a CV/resume and cover letter, Attn: Jonathan Cannon, Head of School, to email@example.com
The Ramaz School, a Nursery – Grade 12 Modern Orthodox Day School in New York City, seeks a Director of Communications to work with a team of professionals to communicate the voice and vision of the school through digital communications, written publications, social media, and experiential marketing. The ideal candidate is a seasoned marketing professional who can develop and implement a strategic marketing and communications plan designed to promote enrollment, retention, and fundraising. The Communications Director must be a strategic thinker and strong writer who conceives creative approaches to promote brand identity and raise the visibility of the school across multiple constituencies and external audiences.
- Develop annual communications and marketing calendar
- Market Ramaz across all platforms
- Collaborate with administrators of all divisions to ensure appropriate, timely communications
- Act as creative director and lead writer and editor for a variety of marketing materials produced both in house and in collaboration with external vendors
- Manage website content, broadcast emails to the community, social media channels, and essential databases
- Implement brand identity
- Manage communications staff
- Manage video production and photography for the school
- Seek opportunities for news stories
- Manage development and distribution of online and offline collateral
- Draft correspondence for issues/crises
- Oversee advertising needs for admissions, staff recruitment
- Decrease volume of emails
- Develop and maintain communications budget
- Draft emails on behalf administrators and faculty
- Monitor overall school communications for on-message content and tone
- Manage weekly communications emails
QUALITIES AND CRITERIA:
- Highly flexible, team player who takes initiative
- Interest in working in a fast-paced school environment
- Experience in multi-tasking, prioritizing assignments, and time-management
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in digital communication
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Have impeccable attention to detail
- Bachelor Degree, preferably with a focus in Marketing, Public Relations, or Advertising
- Minimum five year’s work experience in communications field
- Masters Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, or Journalism, not required, but preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, social networking sites, and photography and video editing. Basic knowledge of HTML preferred
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Information Technology
In the heart of New York City Located on three campuses on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, the Ramaz
School serves more than a thousand students from Nursery-12th grade in a vibrant and supportive community.
The school, now in its 85th year, has a reputation for excellence both locally and internationally. We invite you to visit the website.
Ramaz School is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader to serve as Director of Information Technology. The Director of Information Technology is responsible for technical oversight of all areas of the school’s IT infrastructure, hardware, and software. We are looking for an innovative leader who can both support our current needs as well as play a significant role in our vision for the future. The IT network spans four buildings on Manhattan’s Upper East Side.
TITLE: Director of Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
● Manage all aspects of technology department and equipment, including staff, vendors, budgeting, purchases, warranty & subscription renewals, and inventory.
● Develop and implement strategic plans and priorities to ensure innovative and cost-effective technology programs and services to the school.
● Monitor cybersecurity systems and status, respond to threats and proactively harden and secure Ramaz’ technology and data resources.
● Supervise technical support staff, and manage vendor relationships, and provide or coordinate escalated support, to maintain the service level and security of the school’s technology systems including the network, servers, wireless network, cloud services, data, phone system, office and classroom desktops, interactive flat panels, projectors, and mobile devices.
● Plan and implement necessary projects relating to upgrades of infrastructure and core technology equipment, including evaluation, selection, coordination, and continued maintenance, to meet the educational and administrative needs of Ramaz.
● Collaborate with technology integration educators to support innovative integration of technology resources into instruction.
● Maintain accurate, up-to-date and complete documentation of the school network, hardware, servers, systems, and recovery processes.
● Coordinate with Chief Operating Officer, Director of Facilities, and Director of Security in school-wide operations meetings for the successful functioning of school events.
● Provides leadership in communicating and collaborating with faculty & staff in the secure and effective use of technology.
● Prepares, submits and ensures that expenditures meet proper guidelines for technology-related grants and reimbursement programs.
● Create and distribute policies relating to technology and data use at Ramaz.
● Keep current with new technologies and solutions in the industry and with strategic integration in the school, and propose initiatives that will boost efficiency and foster educational innovation.
● A minimum of five years of experience in IT management, experience in an educational setting an asset
● Technical experience with network and systems administration, including but not limited to managed switches, firewalls, LAN and WAN security, IP telephony, wireless systems, Microsoft & Apple operating systems, mobile devices, VMWare, Windows Server management, and Cloud Service applications
● Excellent organizational and budgeting skills with demonstrated success in the planning and implementation of projects and managing support teams
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills dealing with both tech savvy and non-tech savvy users
● Ability to clearly articulate vision, goals, and responsibilities
● Requires the ability to deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions. Must be adaptable to performing under stress and when confronted with emergency situations
● A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field, master’s degree and/or technical certifications preferred
To apply: Please send a CV/resume and cover letter, Attn: Larry Berman, Chief Operating Officer, to Bermanl@ramaz.org
Reports to: Director of Development
Work Schedule: Full Time position. 12-month Institutional Advancement Calendar
Location: This is a full time, in-office, position.
The Database Associate is an essential team member in utilizing the donor data and Raiser’s Edge to accelerate and enhance fundraising, engagement, stewardship and reporting. They are responsible for the integrity and security of the Institutional Advancement Raiser’s Edge database, which currently contains approximately 36,000 records.
As a part of the IA team, the Database Associate will work in partnership with other departments (i.e, admissions, HR, IT) to ensure consistency in all constituent records, both within RE and the school’s Senior Systems database.
The Database Associate reports to the Director of Development and works on multiple campaigns throughout the year including the Annual Campaign (estimated $5M), Head of School Fund ($2M), Relief Fund ($2.5M) and ongoing Capital Campaign (estimated $90M).
The Database Associate should be a team player who recognizes the importance of data to the institution and is able to clearly communicate information, both written and verbally. Should be enthusiastic, committed to and supportive of the mission, vision, and values of the institution.
Specific Responsibilities include:
●Manages the Raiser’s Edge donor database, including maintenance, global changes, gift entry, reporting, queries, and data cleanup projects. Continually provides current, consistent, and accurate data.
●Processes all donations capturing with exceptional accuracy all contribution and donor information. Enters data in Raiser’s Edge and Excel spreadsheet, preparing funds for deposit.
●Collaborates with the Development Associate to reconcile the monthly development financials, including monthly reporting to the B.O
●Manages online gift processing through Online Express.
●Produces mailing lists, pledge reminders, and donor invoices on a timely basis.
●Helps to update and maintain standard operating procedures for gift entry, queries, and reports as well as campaign, fund, and appeal codes and packages.
●Reconciles student information system with Raiser’s Edge.
●Oversees acknowledgements, billing and tax substantiations
●Efficiently produces queries and reports as needed
●Other duties as assigned
●Minimum two years of experience in Raiser’s Edge with the intuition and outlook of a development professional.
●Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in professionally compensated experience is required.
●Must be comfortable in Raiser’s Edge with the aptitude to improve data accuracy including standardizing data codes designating campaigns, funds, and appeals.
●Experience in working with gift officers to develop donor contact priorities, contact lists.
●Aptitude to learn new database systems.
●Able to import and export data across multiple platforms and services.
●Exceptional attention to detail. Pride in the accuracy and quality of work.
●Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel, and demonstrated ability to perform mail-merge functions.
●Excellent communication and organizational skills
●Ability to manage multiple projects and exercise independent action.
●Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment.
●Experience working in non- RE databases preferred (or comfortable learning)
●Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge NXT WebView preferred.
The Ramaz School seeks a Database Manager who will report to the Director of Development.
The Database Manager is responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of the Institutional Advancement Raiser’s Edge database, which currently contains approximately 36,000 records. The Database Manager is an essential team member in utilizing the donor data and Raiser’s Edge to accelerate and enhance fundraising, engagement, stewardship, and reporting.
As a part of the IA team, the Database Manager will work in partnership with other departments (i.e, admissions, HR, IT) to ensure consistency in all constituent records, both within RE and the school’s Senior Systems database.
The Database Manager reports to the Director of Development and is an integral part of the the Development Department, which works on multiple campaigns throughout the year including the Annual Campaign, Head of School Fund, Relief Fund and ongoing Capital Campaign.
The Database Manager should be a team player who recognizes the importance of data to the institution and is able to clearly analyze and convey information, both written and verbally. Should be enthusiastic, committed to and supportive of the mission, vision, and values of the institution.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Manages the Raiser’s Edge donor database, including maintenance, global changes, gift entry, reporting, queries, and data cleanup projects. Continually provides current, consistent, and accurate data.
- Processes all donations capturing with exceptional accuracy all contribution and donor information. Enters data in Raiser’s Edge and Excel spreadsheet, preparing funds for deposit.
- Develops and delivers clear and accurate campaign reporting and tracking vehicles, as well as instructions for reports, dashboards and data exports.
- Efficiently produces queries and reports with great accuracy, including those used to generate schoolwide communication.
- Develops, runs, and reviews routine donor and gift reporting audits to ensure accurate gift entry and acknowledgment.
- Collaborates with the Business Office personnel to reconcile the monthly development financials, including monthly reporting to the bank.
- Manages online gift processing through Online Express.
- Produces mailing lists, pledge reminders, and donor invoices on a timely basis.
- Helps to update and maintain standard operating procedures for gift entry, queries, and reports as well as campaign, fund, and appeal codes and packages.
- Produces reports on active, inactive, and lapsed donors
- Establishes prospect research guidelines and helps to further develop moves management plan to identify and maintain major donors through the giving pipeline
- Reconciles student information system with Raiser’s Edge.
- Ensures compliance with data policies
- Oversees acknowledgements, billing and tax substantiations
- Manages web updates to development tabs on website and creating donation and registration pages
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum four years of experience in Raiser’s Edge with the intuition and outlook of a development professional.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in professionally compensated experience is required.
- Must be fluent in Raiser’s Edge with the aptitude to continually improve data accuracy including standardizing data codes designating campaigns, funds, and appeals.
- Ability to quickly mine and report data through Raiser’s Edge
- Experience in working with gift officers to develop donor contact priorities, contact lists.
- Aptitude to learn new database systems.
- Able to import and export data across multiple platforms and services.
- Exceptional attention to detail. Pride in the accuracy and quality of work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel, and demonstrated ability to perform mail-merge functions.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and exercise independent action.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Experience working in Senior Systems and other non- RE databases preferred (or comfortable learning)
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge NXT WebView preferred.
The Ramaz School offers a friendly supportive work environment and the chance to have an impact on our children's future. Ramaz is an EOE. Please send your resume and cover letter indicating position of interest and where you saw posting to IACareers@Ramaz.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Ramaz Upper School seeks a full-time Attendance Monitor. The Ramaz School is a co-educational Modern Orthodox Day School on Manhattan’s Upper East Side with a commitment to fine character, respect for others and the highest standards of personal and academic integrity.
Principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the use of computers for various applications, especially database and spreadsheet management or word processing. You will create, maintain, and enter information into databases such as attendance records. Attendance monitoring includes reporting and follow-up with students and parents. General office duties and other tasks as well may be assigned from time to time according to the needs of the school
A successful candidate will be required to have the ability to perform moderately complex administrative details, such as planning and scheduling, creation of spreadsheets and managing databases; a commitment to excellent customer service which include written communication skills to compose routine letters and to edit and proof correspondence and reports to administration, faculty, and parents.
A successful candidate must demonstrate computer proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel; time management – the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities; excellent interpersonal and communication skills and strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Hebrew language skills a plus
The HR Coordinator provides day-to-day support to employees. Responsibilities include onboarding, offboarding, assisting with benefits plan management, answering employee policy and benefits questions, workers’ compensation, disability benefits, maintaining HR records and personnel files and reviewing unemployment claims. In addition, the HR Coordinator is the point person for HR related payment requests for Accounts Payable, ensuring bulletin boards at each Ramaz location are current, and ensuring the HR website and HR documents in the Payroll system are updated as needed.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to HR@ramaz.org.
The Database Analyst is an organized, detail-oriented collaborator who supports the development and implementation of an effective, and mission aligned use of data for the Ramaz School. They will implement efficient workflow in academic records management and administrative systems. The Database Analyst must possess strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills. The Database Analyst works regularly with educational and other school administrators to ensure the smooth operation all data applications.
- Refresh of all Student Information, Admissions and Financial Accounting databases and systems, including all data integrations with 3rd party applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve any data related issues which impact operations at the school
- Analyze, audit and modify data to assure data quality
- Produce and support custom reporting as required by school departments and divisions
- End user support covering all database, reporting and communication applications
SUPPORT FOR SYSTEM MIGRATION
- Troubleshoot data migration issues, write required custom reports, and support users during implementation of the new Student Information, Financial Accounting, Fundraising and Admissions system.
- Provide professional development and individual support as needed to help end users become effective users of the new System
- Assure data integrity through analysis and modification of data during and after migration
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree in Computer or Data Science Science or a minimum of two years of progressive job growth in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of progressive experience maintaining a complex data information system, preferably in education.
- Knowledge of SQL, Excel and or Google Sheets for data extraction and analysis is a plus
- Experience with a range of software, hardware, and operations systems (Windows, Mac, IOS).
- Proven record of effective support of a data application integration in a K-12 academic setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional presence and service orientation.
- Proven record of managing multiple priorities, working with ambiguity and collaborating.
Reports to: Kenneth Rochlin, Head of Institutional Advancement
Work Schedule: 12-month Institutional Advancement Calendar
The Director of Development will direct and supervise Ramaz development operations in partnership with the Head of Institutional Advancement. Director of Development will play a crucial leadership role in the success and execution of Ramaz’ fundraising campaigns. They will collaborate on overall vision, planning, strategy, growth and management of the Development Department.
Central to Development Directors responsibilities will be the administrative leadership of all development operations, the supervision of the development team, and all development activities. Responsibilities will also include setting and maintaining an annual calendar, working on the departmental budget and increasing prospect research and donor stewardship. They will work with each team member on campaign planning, setting financial and activity goals, and will be responsible for evaluation and individual performance measurement.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Hands-on responsibility for strategic campaign planning.
- Oversee day to day functions of the Development Department and staff.
- Establish and execute a comprehensive development plan with goals and strategies to maintain and increase support for Ramaz. Review options and make recommendations on new activities, initiatives and/or special events that have the potential to increase support for Ramaz.
- Implement and manage the Ramaz Capital and Endowment Campaign, including development of campaign materials, new prospect identification and research; cultivation and engagement strategies; communications and solicitations.
- Set the annual fundraising and special events calendar; manage systems to monitor donor contact and communications, research, prospecting, acknowledgements, and tracking of gifts.
- Supervise and manage the development staff ensuring effective collaboration of all Annual Campaign, Endowment and Capital Campaign activities, including supervising efforts for greater outreach and engagement with alumni, grandparents and parents of alumni and their families.
- Oversee call sessions with Head of Institutional Advancement to major donors and develop direct solicitation strategy for members of the Development team.
- Manage and oversee implementation of new prospect identification and research; cultivation and engagement strategies; segmented, personalized, phone, and electronic communications and solicitations; and a comprehensive stewardship program.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation and presentation of funding proposals for foundations, individual major gift supporters, and other major funding sources.
- Coordinate and support fundraising efforts of The Ramaz Board, and manage the Development Committee and other fundraising volunteers as needed.
- Prospect, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of prospective donors to the Annual and Capital Campaigns.
- Act as a liaison between donors and divisional administration for implementation and follow up of sponsored programming.
- Attend weekly meetings with Communications team and members of divisional administration.
- Spearhead the Ramaz Annual Dinner:
- 1. Oversee the themes, flow, fundraising materials, communications, and other details of the Dinner in coordination with the Head of Institutional Advancement, Dinner Committee Chairs, with support of the Development Staff and Communication Staff
- 2. Manage Special Events Coordinator and Production Manager
Manage Dinner Committee composed of major donors and implement Committee members’ ideas
The Ramaz School is a co-educational, Modern Orthodox, independent school located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Ramaz has a rich history of Jewish education, academic distinction, and nurturing of individual abilities and aspirations. To be a student at Ramaz is to be encouraged, supported, and taught how to discover the best in oneself and in others, and to gain a profound, spirited sense of responsibility to the world. Ramaz is a school from nursery through 12th grade, but its education lasts a lifetime. Join us. Make a difference in their lives and yours.
The Ramaz School has an opening for an Administrative Assistant in the Middle School office, effective September 1, 2022.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide office support to the MS Office and support the Leadership Team as needed
Support the efficient operation of the Middle School, in coordination with the office manager and school leadership
Assist students who come to the office and help troubleshoot various needs
Manage academic data including class lists
Support faculty supplies distribution and ordering as needed
Answer phones, take messages, and arrange meetings
Copy materials as needed
Take and input daily attendance, enter late notes/early dismissal notes and support student dismissal
Maintain student physical and digital files
Assign coverages for absent teachers’ classes
Check mspinknotes email throughout the day for dismissal changes
Bus/Dismissal--take attendance for students going on the bus, escort them to bus
Hours are from 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Work requires general knowledge of school policies, procedures, and operations as well as oral communication skills to perform administrative duties of moderate complexity, such as independently arranging meetings, responding to inquiries from faculty and parents, and assembling reports containing sensitive or confidential information.
Professional and pleasant demeanor