Flik International Corporation, the exclusive foodservice provider at Ramaz, prepares nutritious, well-balanced (and kosher!) lunches for our students. Menus are developed specifically for Ramaz and are modified every six weeks to reflect seasonal availability, holidays, and special events. All menus are reviewed by a Nutrition Specialist to ensure proper nutritional value. The menus for each month, along with other useful information, may be viewed at myschooldining.com/ramaz
The Early Childhood Center provides lunch and two snacks daily. Teachers serve the food to the children at the tables in their classrooms.
Daily Lunch Menu
Each day's lunch menu includes:
- Featured entrée
- Beverage: water, juice, or milk (on dairy days)
A meat lunch is served once a week, generally on Wednesdays.
Children in the ECC are given a daily morning and afternoon snack.
Snacks consist of:
- a beverage (water, juice or milk)
- a healthy food (cheese, fruit, crackers)
- A minimal amount of fat is used in the sautéed, grilled and roasted food; canola or olive oil is used exclusively
- Meats are graded choice or its equivalent; hamburgers are made from 80% lean ground beef
- Vegetables are fresh with the exception of peas and corn; canned vegetables are not served
- Tuna is tongol white and packed in water
- Skim milk is used in place of cream in soups and sauces
- Egg, tuna and other salads are prepared fresh daily
- Breads, bagels and rolls are baked fresh daily
The Ramaz ECC, Lower and Middle Schools are nut-
No food served in the ECC contains peanuts, tree nuts, or sesame seeds/oils.
Because nuts and sesame seeds pose a grave danger for some of our students,
no outside food
may be brought into the ECC and Lower School, even by grandparents and caregivers.