About the Parent Participation Campaign
If you have any additional questions, you can reach out to Kenny Rochlin '86, Director of Institutional Advancement, at email@example.com or 212-774-8041, or contact the Ramaz Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-774-8055. We'd love to hear from you!
Frequently asked questions
- Academic Excellence: Help provide the highest level of Judaic and general studies education, cultivate the finest educators through professional advancement, prepare our students for higher-level education and future careers, and offer differentiated instruction through learning centers and enrichment.
- Ahavat Yisrael: Support strong Hebrew language programs, student-written Hebrew publications, Israel-themed celebrations, special Israel programming; and trips in Grade 8 and 12 that culminate in Israel.
- Arts & Culture: Support areas including: Musicals and Concerts; milestone literary moments like the Grade 1 Publishing Party and Grade 3 Poetry Celebration in the Lower School; specialty art and music classes in the Lower, Middle, and Upper Schools; activity centers in the Early Childhood Center; publications in a range of specialties; Museum and cultural institution visits; and the renowned Celebration of the Arts festival.
- Chesed Program: Provide memorable and impactful opportunities to our students and community. Chesed programming helps foster a life-long passion and focus for our students to think about and impact others positively.
- Jewish Heritage: Support special programming on Yom Hashoah, Yom Hazikaron, and Yom Ha'atzmaut, visits to religious and cultural institutions, and trips like the Grade 8 Israel Trip and the Senior Journey.
- NYC Experience: Open our students’ eyes to a world of possibilities and sponsor memorable New York City moments such as visits to the Jewish Heritage Museum, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Central Park Zoo, Carnegie Hall, and the Battery Urban Farm.
- Ramaz in Print: Our students are given the platform and opportunity to create and share their original thoughts and ideas, through prose, poetry, nonfiction journals, and divrei torah. Your support of Ramaz in Print allows us to continue to foster a love for writing and publishing.
- Religious Life: A Ramaz student is empowered with the desire and means to engage in the independent study and practice of Torah as a lifelong passion and as a source of intellectual and spiritual fulfillment.
- Special Programming: Help provide impactful moments in our children’s education, including on 9/11, Veterans' Day, Kristallnacht, Yom HaShoah, Yom Hazikaron, Yom Ha’atzmaut, Lag B'Omer, and Yom Yerushalayim.
- Sports: Your donation helps fund athletic teams at Ramaz, as well as the Sports Dinner, and school spirit events.
- Student Life & Leadership: Help empower our students to grow into the leaders of tomorrow by giving them opportunities to learn and form memorable experiences outside the classroom. Supporters will be recognized in Ramaz community communications.
- Trips: Help extend the classroom beyond four walls and creates memories of a lifetime.
- Scholarship: Help ensure that children, regardless of financial need, have access to a high quality Jewish education.
- Alumni Programming: From the moment our students graduate, they are connected to a network of over 5,500 alumni, which supports and encourages them through all stages of their lives. Whether they’re spending a “Gap Year” in Israel, looking for a job, celebrating a birth, or mourning a loss, the Ramaz family is always here.
I believe I have already given to this year's Annual Campaign. Can you confirm that you have me on your list?
Yes. Your participation in the Annual Campaign supports the annual operating budget of the school, and the areas of giving. Our capital campaign, Building The Future Together: The Campaign for Ramaz & Kehilath Jeshurun, is an independent campaign that raises money to revitalize the Lower School and KJ facilities, as well as to build the Ramaz endowment to assure Ramaz's financial sustainability.